- Applications for new Young Professional position on CARMA’s Executive Committee are due July 15, 2023 (see Member Info page for details)
- CARMA’s 2nd Annual Prof. Doug Stead PhD Thesis Award was awarded to Dr. Josephine Morgenroth (York University)
- RockEng22, the 22nd Canadian Rock Mechanics Symposium, was held from August 8-10, 2022 in Kingston, Ontario
- CARMA’s inaugural Prof. Doug Stead PhD Thesis Award was awarded to Dr. Jonathan Aubertin (Queen’s University)
- At the beginning of 2022, Jennifer Day replaced Doug Milne as Chair. Jonathan Aubertin and Kamran Esmaeili stepped in to replace Sam Proskin and Mike Yao on the CARMA Executive. Thank you Sam and Mike for your service!
- RockEng 2020-2 has been postponed due to COVID-19 and will take place in Kingston, Ontario in August 2022. Details to follow. See website here.
- The Rock Mechanics Division of the Canadian Geotechnical Society will be holding a Spring 2021 Membership Meeting on June 9th, 2021 at 3:30pm EDT via Zoom. The meeting is open to all current Division Members. For more information, contact the RMD Chair, Jennifer Day.